Join the team at Threespot and help our clients define and build products to bring about positive change in the world.
Threespot UX Strategists gather, define, and clarify business and audience objectives. They are highly-skilled at reviewing an organization’s website architecture and content to identify challenges and opportunities for improvement.
Informed by research, they synthesize, translate, and document their understanding into effective and intuitive digital experiences that meet audience and business goals. They are thoughtful individuals who make decisions with a finite amount of information and then can visualize and explain the design implications of those decisions.
If you want to work for clients who are making a difference and not just a profit, we should talk.
- Produce UX documentation including site maps, information architecture, user requirements, personas, user flows, content migration plans, usability testing reports, and functional documentation that communicates site/application structure and organization both to clients and internal team members
- Translate business requirements and user needs into wireframes, prototypes, and functional specifications that detail content hierarchy, component types, and interactions
- Prepare and conduct workshops for groups of varying sizes and composition both in-person and remotely — engaging participants from internal client stakeholders to potential audience groups
- Clearly communicate findings, ideas, and rationales verbally, visually, and in written form to internal teams and clients
- Translate user and stakeholder research into strategic and tactical recommendations
- Creation of Functional Specification documentation for content management systems and the ability to guide and inform the user experience of those systems as they relate to clients’ specific publishing workflow needs
- Please provide a link to your online portfolio, applications without a portfolio will not be considered
- At least 3 years of experience in related role at an agency
- Experience and/or familiarity working with and designing content management systems using Wordpress, Drupal or other similar systems
- Adept at evaluating, organizing, labeling, and structuring content to meet audience and business needs
- Strong empathy for users and for clients, with an ability to listen to needs and translate those into experience design
- Experience designing and documenting structured content types and taxonomies for content management systems
- Experience wireframing, prototyping, and/or workflow tools (such as Adobe Creative Suite and Figma)
- Formal education is not a prerequisite, however we do require real-world work experience to qualify for this position
- Demonstrated experience producing written and visual information architecture work products (via a portfolio or during the interview process)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Part-time or contract workers will not be considered
- Design or development experience
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Though not required a BFA, or equivalent, is a plus
Threespot is a Black woman-led digital strategy agency built to fight for socially conscious organizations. Founded in 1999, Threespot aims to interrupt the status quo and reshape how organizations think and talk about themselves. That’s translated into dynamic digital strategies, custom user experiences, and enlivened brands for the likes of the ACLU, Color of Change, and the National Park Service.
As a Certified B Corp™, we’re motivated to leave this world better off than how we found it. We’re committed to solving complex problems by bringing diverse perspectives and voices to the table and an empathetic ear to every conversation.
Salary & Benefits
- $70k-85k or commensurate with experience
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans at little to no cost to you
- 401k with 100% employer match for a portion of contributions
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- 11 Company/Federal Holidays off
- Generous professional development program
- Caregiver leave
- 100% employer-paid life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance policies
- Fun company events, activities, and gatherings throughout the year
- Threespot has been a Certified B Corporation since 2015. We chose this path to demonstrate our commitment to using our business as a force for good. A career at a B Corporation means you will be working at a company that balances profit and purpose while delivering a positive impact for our clients, employees, community, and the environment
How to Apply
Fill out the application that’s linked from this page. Rachel, our HR Manager, will get back to you promptly.
Threespot is committed to increasing our own diversity and continuing to build an inclusive environment at our workplace. We strongly encourage members of all underrepresented communities to apply; including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Though not required, we strongly recommend that you include a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you want to work at Threespot, and how your experience directly relates to the position outlined above